The AIRE Centre (Advice on Individual Rights in Europe) is a specialist legal charity in London, the United Kingdom. It uses the power of European law to protect fundamental rights.
Non-governmental organisation (NGO)
The tasks of the Trainees include inter alia:
- Assisting the Legal Director and Legal Project Managers with all aspects of preparatory work for the AIRE Centre's legal advice services and cases pending before the ECtHR, including legal research in support of cases; correspondence with the client, the court or other legal professionals; accompanying the legal team during hearings; and keeping effective files;
- Undertaking research for articles, both for publications of the AIRE Centre and for outside journals/publications;
- Undertaking projects in which the AIRE Centre is asked to take part;
- Conducting legal research for the advice service;
- Attending meetings/conferences/seminars on behalf of the AIRE Centre
ELSA United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
GBP 60 - 60 per Week
Public transportation, Food:Payment is covering expenses up to 12 pounds per day. The payment calculated above is excatly that and should not be seen as the weekly payment of 60 pounds per week in its usual form.
Civil Procedure - General
European Constitutional Law - Advanced
European Economic Law - Advanced
Human Rights - Advanced
English - Fluent
French - Good
Polish - Good
All legal work is supervised.
The candidates are required to submit a 500-word sample legal piece and they are to attend an interview (Skype).